Wednesday 12 February 2014

Music + Views + Jozi = Randlords Balcony TV


I freaking love this city. I mean, I may have mentioned this a couple (of hundred) times, but seriously, Joburg makes me feel so alive. Never can I complain that there's nothing to do. Never are my tastebuds lacking for truly world-class culinary talents. Never have I been at a lack for entertainment, adrenaline, or downright silliness. But now, after this weekend, I can also say this: Joburg is freaking beautiful. You just have to look at it from the right angle.



For years, Randlords has been up there, above Jozi, boasting gorgeous photos on the internet. Available only to those attending a private function there. Which, sadly, has never been me. No more, good people of Joburg! Jozi's most exclusive venue just became accessible to everyone! 

That's right! Randlords has recently opened its doors (and daybeds, and mag-freaking-nificent views) for public events! And it's kicking it off with a bang by partnering with BalconyTV Johannesburg, the leading daily online viral music show that features bands and musicians performing on balconies around the world (and in Jozi). Seriously. Music AND views AND sundowners AND Joburg? It's as if the universe conspired to bring all my favorite things together!


Now, I'd done my research. I knew what to expect. I was totes prepared. Or so I thought. Randlords and Balcony TV absolutely BLEW. MY. MIND. I mean, I get excited about a lot of things (I am aware of this), but this event was truly off the charts. We were treated to performances by the Graeme Watkins Project and Lonehill Estate (pictures below!) against the backdrop of the Nelson Mandela Bridge. Like I said, it just doesn't get much better than this.

Naturally, I took seven thousand photos because I wanted the day to last forever, but I've cut them down to my favorites to share with you. So follow these instructions very closely:

  1. Look at my amazing photographs
  2. Freak out 
  3. Follow Randlords and BalconyTV Johannesburg on Facebook
  4. Give me a high five and buy me a drink at their next event (thanks in advance, you lovely person, you!) 
For more info on Randlords and BalconyTV, check out their websites (Randlords and BalconyTV Johannesburg) follow them on Facebook  (Randlords and BalconyTV Johannesburg) and Twitter  (Randlords and BalconyTV). And, of course, let me know what you think (or comment on how many times I used the word "freaking" in one post)!








This is the ladies bathroom. The bathroom. I kid you not.





Graeme Watkins rocking the roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment