Monday 22 September 2014

Sandton Walking Tour in Pictures


A couple of weeks ago, the fabulous folks from Johannesburg In Your Pocket invited me to do a walking tour of Sandton. I've done a walking tour of Joburg (which I loved) before, but it hadn't even occurred to me that such a thing existed for Sandton.

Although I'd lived in Sandton for over a year, I was surprised at how much I didn't know! Like where the name 'Sandton' comes from (an amalgamation of the words 'Sandown' and 'Bryanston'), and that there's a tiny church hidden in Sandton that dates back to 1924! We were introduced to a bunch of urban art that I had never even noticed before, and treated to a trip to the Peacemakers Museum!

I'm not going to say too much more - because, spoilers - but I am going to share some of the shots I took throughout the walk. If you're interested in doing the tour yourself, check out the Sandton Tours Facebook Page. Oh, and if you haven't yet, you  must go and explore the Johannesburg In Your Pocket City Guide site. They have stacks of fantastic Joburg content, and you can download the full guide in PDF form for free! It's fabulous!

























No comments:

Post a Comment