Saturday 8 March 2014

Do Something Good: Kitty and Puppy Haven

Want to do something good? Not sure what? 

Kitty and Puppy Haven in Midrand rescue and rehabilitate injured, abandoned, abused and neglected animals and educate owners in townships on how best to care for their pets. 

Their work has inspired me for years, and this year I wanted to get involved in making a difference in some animals' lives. I was fortunate enough to be in a position where I could offer my home as a foster home for kittens. I was absolutely blown away by how warm and professional Kitty and Puppy Haven were.  They asked if I would take four kitties (quite a bit more than I was expecting), and bring them back in ten days. 

The ten day period was amazing, because I knew from the get-go that this was just a temporary arrangement, and it made taking the little rascals back much easier than I was expecting (yup, I was dreading it). 

To learn more about how fostering helps the animals, the shelter and the new owners, check out Kitty and Puppy Haven's fostering page. If you're not able to foster but still want to help out, there are lots of ways to volunteer

Here are the four little kitties I got to take care of: 










For more info, or to adopt a kitty, puppy or grown animal, you can contact Kitty and Puppy Haven at:
Website: www.kittypuppyhaven.org.za
Phone: 010 224 0760
Email: info@kittyhaven.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment