Saturday 8 March 2014

Little Slice of Heaven, Chocolaj Northcliff

I had one of those meh days today. 

You know the ones? Where everything seems to go wrong (the truck parked outside my garage, no power at work, power returns but computer won't turn on, etc). Eventually I gave up and headed home early, past Chocolaj cafe in Northcliff. I've driven past numerous times before, but today I thought a little chocolate might be just the ticket so I stopped in.



And boy, was I glad I did.

I walked into a sweet smelling haven of what I imagine paradise must look like. You can actually inhale the chocolate in the air (and I'm no scientist, but that's gotta be good for pheromones or oxytocin or something, right?). Then there's the gorgeous decor, filled with books, magazines, and shelves filled with goodies hanging on the walls. The little tables each have a brightly coloured Gerbera, so if the chocolate doesn't instantly cheer you up, the happy vibes will!


The place is tiny.

Like, adorable tea-cup piglet tiny. And it's packed full of the most wonderful, delicious treats imaginable! Chocolate, cupcakes, coffee, real hot chocolate, etc. I had to take a photo of the menu to show you:


Yum, right? And on Friday's, they have a special on brownies:


As good fortune would have it, today is Friday (YAY!) so I stocked up on some homemade brownies. I'm eating one right now (you know, for the research of course), and the only words I can think to describe it are Oh.My.God. It's fluffy and light and there are hidden little pieces of melt-in-your-mouth-magic (aka chocolate). I think I'm in love.


How cute are the Chrismas cupcakes??



Do yourself and your tastebuds a favour and stop in next time you're in Northcliff. Yum!

You can find Chocolaj at Shop 4, Northcliff Gallaries, cnr Beyers Naude and Hockey drives. (You know Impala Fruit and Flower Stores? Just on the other side of Hockey drive). In the meantime you can check out their website and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment